Nikki Lewallen, CEO of Rainmakers, chats with host Julie Petr about the impact of mentorship, leadership, and using failure as an opportunity for growth.
Nikki's Advice to a First Time Leader
- Know that you don't know everything
- Be open to asking for help
- People want transparency and authenticity
- Share your "why" with people
3 Character Traits for Success
- Generosity - service above self
- Compassion - understand where other people are coming from
Suggestions for Boosting Your Confidence
- Practice whatever it is that causes you to question your abilities
- Ask for both positive feedback and opportunities for growth in areas where you feel less confident
- Create a "Feel Good File" to revisit e-mails, cards, and praise you've received in the past when you're feeling not so confident in your abilities
Balancing Work and Home Life
- Calendar Everything!
- Completely disconnect from work when you are at home
- Set boundaries
The Phrase Nikki Lives by
"Love What You Do"
Ways to Join the conversation & spread the word
If you found a nugget or two of value, or just enjoyed the conversation, drop by iTunes to leave a rating, review, and subscribe.
Follow on twitter
Mentoring Women’s Network on Facebook
Subscribe to the Monthly Mentoring Chat
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via RSS